Monday, January 5, 2009

A Very Merry Christmas

I can't believe that it's already over! We stayed here this year to spend Christmas with my family in Mapleton and had an amazing time. We started of the break with a quick trip to Vegas for the BYU bowl game and then spent the rest of our time relaxing...watching movies, playing tons of games, hanging out with family, and Mark was even introduced to a beloved extended family tradition: Chick Flick Night. It was the perfect Christmas break. We hope you all had a happy holiday season as well!
Hitting the slopes: my family's New Year's day tradition....so fun, even though I am still SO sore


One morning Mark and I decided to take advantage of all the snow and play outside. We went sledding and created this masterpiece...Mark named him Jamal. And thanks to Mark's creativity he is no ordinary snowman. Look closely and you'll see that our snowman can dunk. We are so proud.


Dad showcasing his famous Santa Claus apron while helping to prepare the Christmas Eve feast


The gang at the bowl game.

The team. They kind of disappointed this year, but Ams, my mom and I found some fabulous deals shopping and there was a lot of good food along the way-- buffets, In-n-Out {twice...within 24 hrs...} so even though BYU lost, I think we all left Vegas satisfied :)

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Happy New Year! Love the snowman. It looks like you had a great holiday break. I was so happy to hear you are coming back this spring- yay! And soo glad that you like Ticket to Ride.

Anonymous said...

We missed you guys over Christmas and New Years...but are happy to hear you're coming up in the spring! Fun to see the pics :)

Janet said...

It was soo good to share some of your fun times during the holidays. It looks like it was great. We missed you though.
Love MOM