


what we planted:
zucchini
squash
cucumbers
basil
beets
jalapenos
onion
fajita peppers
carrots
tomatoes
sweet corn
zucchini
squash
cucumbers
basil
beets
jalapenos
onion
fajita peppers
carrots
tomatoes
sweet corn
our eggplant and cilantro sadly did not survive, and our carrots and corn are pretty scrawny, but overall we are very happy with our first garden! we were a little worried at first with all of the cold weather in the spring and the fact that our "soil" basically consists of clay mud and huge rocks, but our plants were survivors and we are proud of them. and we are loving all of the fresh vegetables! i think our favorites so far have been fresh salsa and homemade tomato and basil pizza...oh, and zucchini bread. I have made enough zucchini bread to last me a lifetime but mark keeps begging me to bake more as soon as we run out, and really, what else can you do with so much zucchini?? so if you are in the area and in the mood for some garden veggies, please stop by! we definitely have plenty to share.
4 comments:
That looks so good. You should be proud of yourselves. It is so nice to be able to just go and pick some fresh vegtables whenever you want them.
Mom
That looks so fun! I wanted to plant a garden this year, but it didn't work out! NEXT YEAR FOR SURE! Enjoy!
I am posting to the above lion king post... I am sure Ashley that the play was not as great as our musicals that we put on during long summer days>?!?!?!
I'm going to miss stealing your veggies. mmmmmmm
Post a Comment