Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Crossing the Border

Mark and I just got back from an amazing family vacation in Central America.........it was so much fun! We have been pretty spoiled the past couple of months first in Washington with Mark's family and then on this trip with my fam, so I only hope that it isn't too hard for us to adjust to the reality of settling back down into a normal, routine life again :)
Here are a few pics:


Our first night was spent in Mexico City.....as showcased in this picture not only by the enchiladas, but also by the Mexican flag toothpick in Mark's mouth....






The ruins in Palenque, Mexico and the waterfall close by where we went swimming


Howler monkeys. I was so surprised how small they were after hearing them...the sound made me feel like I was in Jurassic Park or something, it was crazy.



Zip-lining!!! SO much fun. 



Some of the many ruins at Tikal in Guatemala



We spent one day in Honduras and visited Copan



Boat cruise across Lake Atitlan

All in all it was definitely an amazing adventure, and we had a blast!
But it's also really good to be home.......and to be able to eat lettuce, tomatoes, or any other non-peeled, non-cooked fruit or vegetable that my heart desires
 




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey-Welcome to the blog world! I love the pictures and am glad to hear you made it safely home :) I bet it was a pretty amazing trip. I've added my favorite brother and sister-in-law that live in Utah to my blogger buddy list...I know, I know...something to be very proud of. Well, it is an honor :)

Janet said...

Mark and Ashley It is so good to see your pictures. I'm glad that you have a blog. I love to check them and see what everyone has added. It is fun that I have been to some of the same places. Glad that you are home.
Janet (MOM)

Brooke said...

Great pictures and looks like a great trip - thanks for sharing. When Campbelle saw your picture she said "Hiya!" But no one responded. Miss ya!

Mark and Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark and Ashley said...

Ash i love our blog. Nice Work. I'm just here at work and thought i would get on and check it out. And Em you're darn right we are your favorite brother and sister-in-law. Anyhow great job ash documenting our trip. It really was a blast.