Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hitchcock in the Park


I love Hitchcock movies. So, needless to say, when Mark discovered that a park in Orem was playing a Hitchcock classic "The Birds," I was very excited, especially since I had never seen it before. So we packed some blankets and pillows in the car, stashed some treats in my purse, and headed out to the park. It was so much fun! Right before the movie started they released a bunch of birds that circled around the park for the whole movie. At first I thought it was a cool idea, good for ambiance, but as the movie progressed and I became more and more horrified, the squawking birds began to freak me out. If any of you have ever seen the movie then you know what I'm talking about. Only Hitchcock could accomplish the feat of turning birds into scary nightmare-inducing predators....